The great Michelangelo once sculpted a figure out of marble as his friend stood by and watched. Well, this friend of his left for a business trip and after a while he returned and didn’t really see any significant progress in the work that Michelangelo was doing. Upon hearing the criticism of his friend, Michelangelo told him that he had indeed done some work on the marble figure by softening certain parts, straightening the lips, defining the muscles and polishing here and there on the marble figure. To his surprise, his friend said that his efforts were trifle. But Michelangelo replied,
Trifles they may be, but trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
Are you in the habit of celebrating the small things in your life? Do you stop and acknowledge how blessed you are? Marriages and relationships fail because spouses pay little or no attention to the little things. Believers live in fear and ingratitude because they fail to stop for a moment and count their blessings. New converts grow discouraged and sometimes fall away because they fail to recognize and celebrate the baby steps they are making toward maturity in Christ.
Each moment of each day is an opportunity for us to celebrate the little things God has put in our lives. The bible tells us never to despise the days of humble beginnings. That better is little with God in it and that he will bless us if we are faithful with the little things we have.
I urge you to celebrate the life you have now… don’t wait for everything to be perfect before you do. The bible says in Ecc. 11:4 that, “Farmers who wait for perfect weather never plant. If they watch every cloud, they never harvest…” So I urge you today to:
- Wake up to the sunlight with your windows open
- Don’t hold in your anger or leave things unspoken
Wear your red dress use your good dishes
- Make a big mess and make lots of wishes
- Have what you want, but want what you have
- And don’t spend you life looking back
Give your love ones flowers while they are alive
- Take a few chances Let it all out
- go to the ballgames and go to the ballet
- And go see your folks more than just on the holidays
Kiss all your children Dance with your wife
- Tell your husband you love him every night
- Don’t run from the truth cause you can’t get away, Oh no, Just face it and you’ll be ok (Point of Grace)
Celebrate the small stuff… Because it’s not who you knew and it’s not what you did… It’s how you Live