One of the key truths about the kingdom of God, the church or a believer is that we always seem to triumph even in the mist of intense opposition. For example:
- The massive Goliath falls to a boy with five smooth stones
- Pharaoh’s pursuit and the parting of the Red Sea.
- A great multitude of Moabites and Ammonites came against Jehoshaphat. Jehoshaphat prayed. God spoke. The worship band sang. God moved. Israel won the battle.
- Jesus lived and died. His disciples begin to spread the good news. Opposition is as intense as it was with Jesus. Some get killed, yet the truth still lives, impacting countless millions.
Time after time we win. No matter the opposition. No matter the issue, no matter the seeming setbacks, we win. Truth gets twisted but it never breaks. Kingdoms rise, kingdoms fall, He is immovable rock, so are we.
Jesus said, “I will build my church and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it!”
Here are a few things we need to do when faced with opposition
1. Remember God and what he can do v.14
Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome
Our God can do anything, he can move mountains, he can heal the sick, he can raise the dead. If He did it before, He will do it again. The heart of the king is in his hand. By one word, He can effect change. Keep Him in the equation and never forget what He can do.
2. Remember the power of prayer v. 9
And we prayed to our God and set a guard as a protection against them day and night
Somebody once said, “Prayer moves the hand of God, there are things God cannot do unless you pray.” When we take the time to seek God, we get to see Him in action. Stop fighting unnecessary battles. Here is the problem, everybody wants to debate but nobody wants to prayer. So instead of strategically fighting the necessary war, we spend time fighting the unnecessary battles.
3. Remember the power of two or three v. 15-21
we all returned; we labored at the work
Nothing can stop you when you are working in one accord with others. Being a team player is essential to winning. Remember, you can’t do this all by yourself. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
4. Remember to stay focused and determined v.23
none of us took off our clothes: each kept his weapon at his right hand
Keeping your eyes on the prize and on the things you need to do to get you there is key, so don’t get entangled in nit-picking. The enemy is going to do everything possible to get you off track. Stay focused even in the face of temporary setbacks.
These are just a few things I could come up with. Do you have any you would like to add or share? Please feel free to do so. God Bless and have agreat day.