I am about to tell you a true story that will blow your mind. The country is Australia. The town is Lajamanu and it is about 400 miles south of Darwin and Alice Springs, almost on the edge of the Tanami Desert in Australia’s northern territory. It was sometime in April or March of 2010 that hundreds of fish began to fall from the sky as rain fell over the town. Residents of this desert community were left speechless as fish – some frozen, others still alive fell from the sky. For seven days they ran all around town collecting buckets of fish that had fallen from the sky.
A brief look at history will tell us that this incident was not unique to this Australian town:
- In the 1st century there were storms of frogs and fishes.
- In 1794 French soldiers reported toads falling from the sky.
- In 1857: Sugar crystals as big as quarter of an inch in diameter fell over the course of two days in Lake County, California.
- In 1940: A tornado in Russia brought a shower of coins from the 16th Century.
- In 1969: Golf balls fell from the sky on Punta Gorda in Florida.
To explain this strange incident, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology said that the incident was probably caused by a tornado. According to them, it is not uncommon for tornado to suck up water and fish from rivers and drop them miles away. But the point I am trying to make is this:
As isolated as they were, as far as they were from the coast line and as dry as their environment was, nature found a way to rain an unexpected blessing upon them. Now, if nature can be this generous and strategic, how much more our loving Father, who sees and knows our need?
When you have a work to do and the task is daunting - God can reach you and bless you.
When you know that His command cannot be done by human might and power - God can reach you and bless you.
When all you have is a bit of oil in your jar, and you know it is not enough - God can reach you and bless you.
When all you have is like a little boy’s lunch of fish and bread – God can reach you and bless you.
You may find yourself in a desert place, but that cannot stop God from reaching and blessing you. You may be laboring without fruit in your ministry, church or business, but that cannot stop God from turning things around and blessing you. If God so determines that it is your season and it is your time, he knows how to rain down fish in the middle of the desert. When God gets ready to sent you a harvest, it doesn’t matter where you’re located.
- If you are Elijah – He will sustain with two meals a day in the middle of a famine.
- If you are Moses or Sarah – He will bless you with a child in your old age
- If you are Israel – He will rain Manna in the desert place and cause water to come gushing out of a rock.
- If you are a poor widow – He will cause oil to continue flowing until you have no more bottles to fill.
- If you are a boy with just a lunch of fish and bread – He can take what you have, bless it and multiply it.
- You may be in a desert place – He can cause waters to spring up in desert places…
It doesn’t matter where you are, when God get ready to bless you, he will move heaven and earth if he has to. So get ready for your harvest today – it’s about to rain in your desert places. He is about to blow a wind of blessing your way. He is about ready to open up the sky with showers of blessings upon you.