Enoch walked with God; and he was not: for God took him.
I have always wondered what a walk with God entails, at least Enoch’s walk. What did it look like and what made it that attractive to God. Well, the scripture gives us glimpses into Enoch’s walk. Let me share a few:
- Enoch walked by faith – Hebrews 11:5
- Enoch walked in the light – 1 John 1:5-7
- Enoch walked in agreement with God – Amos 3:3
- Enoch walked consistently with The Lord – Genesis 5:22
- Enough walked sincerely with The Lord – Genesis 17:1
- Enoch walked in obedience to God – Deuteronomy 13:4
- Enoch walked in union with God – Colossians 2:6
- Enoch walked in fellowship with God – 1 John 1:3
God designed us to walk with him. It is his purpose and plan for us. Oneness and, completely union with him in his life, death and resurrection is our destiny. Enoch’s life is just an example of this great plan.
One day, just like Enoch, we will experience what this phrase means “and he was no more because God took him.” For now, our call is to walk with him just like Enoch did.