I must admit I just don’t know how to title this post. I thought about the following:
- for better or for worse
- kick her out when she get sick
- when context really matter
- before you jump to conclusion
- before you demonize somebody
- great debate
- grounds for divorce
- Why are you asking Pat Robertson
- Talk to an expert or see an ethicist
- Love has everything to do with it
- How things can easily be taken out of context
Also, there are so many angles to this story – but here is what I personally think:
I personally think marriage is for better or for worst – in sickness and in health – love, loyalty and committment. And I would like to encourage anyone living with a partner suffering from Alzheimer’s to remain faithful to your partner, God is faithful and will see you through if you continue to lean on him and rely on his strength. He will also honor you if you honor the wife of your youth.
However, I do admit that sometimes in life we are faced with complex dilemmas that can test our resolve and our principles, even our faith. In those time a multitude of godly counselors (family, friends, pastors) can help us navigate our way through the darkest struggles.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
- Pat Robertson – In Sickness And In Health, Unless The Sickness Is Alzheimers (mgpcpastor.wordpress.com)
- Another reason why Pat Robertson is out to lunch (onthebema.com)
- Pat Robertson: Divorcing a Spouse with Alzheimer’s is Justifiable (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- Alzheimer’s Justifies Divorce, Pat Robertson Says (inquisitr.com)