Vodpod videos no longer available.
Laurence Fishburne is one of my favorite actors and for me he has been brilliant in all the stuff he has done over the years. He has played
1. a cowboy on Peewee’s Playhouse
2. a gangster in Death Wish 2
3. a rock ‘n’ roll legend in What’s Love Got to Do With It?
4. the captain of a hovercraft called the Nebuchadnezzar in the The Matrix
5. a college professor and spelling coach in Akeelah and the Bee… a movie I have watched over 10 or 15 time with my daughters…
6. the Silver Surfer (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer)
7. Not forgetting Boys N the Hood… (I actually didn’t want to mention this) some of his stuff on CSI as Dr. Ray Langston, Contagion, and his Recent Emmy-nominated HBO telecast “Thurgood” — which earned him Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards when he performed the one-man show on Broadway.
Fishburne’s latest role in the Hallmark Channel Hall of Fame movie Have a Little Faith, airing Sunday, Nov. 27, on ABC-TV. The movie, based on the latest best-selling book by Mitch Albom (Tuesdays with Morrie, The Five People You Meet in Heaven), features Fishburne as Henry Covington, a Detroit preacher who overcame a life mired in drugs and crime. Albom, portrayed by Bradley Whitford, met the reverend-in-recovery when he wrote newspaper columns about homeless people.
It’s a story about losing belief, and finding it again.