One of the greatest mysteries of all time is the Love of God. It is so vast that we can’t get around it, it is so deep we can’t get under it and it is so high that we can not get over it. People from all walk of life are seeking daily to understand it. I love how the song writer puts it – “I don’t why Jesus loves – I don’t know why He cared – I don’t know why He sacrificed His life – oh but am glad – am glad He did.” We wonder why God would love a world that is so hostile and arrogant toward Him.
Despite our arrogance and rebellion – the bible tells us that we are very special – in fact that is the very reason He created us. Here are a few ways God demonstrates his love toward us:
1.Through creation. He has giving us the following:
- the ability to think (Isa. 1:18)
the ability to choose (Josh. 24:15).
the ability to love (Mark 12:30 – 31).
the ability to know what’s right and wrong (James 1:13 – 14).
If that isn’t love, than I don’t really know what it is
2. Revealing His Son, his word, himself through his creative works. What that means is that He has willed for you to get to know Him.
- Jesus Christ. “He that hath seen me hath seen the Father” (John 14:9).
The Word of God – Faith comes by hearing and hearing the
studying the Bible, we can know the nature, holiness, love, judgment, grace,
work, and will of God.
Nature. The psalmist said, “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows his handiwork” Ps.19:1.
3. By meeting your deepest physical and spiritual needs
- forgiveness of sin “You know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with
the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect” 1 Peter 1:18 – 19; John 3:16; Mark 10:45
he alone can help you live for Him. One of the privileges of being a
Christian is the opportunity to make your life count for God. You cannot do
this alone; you can do it only through God’s help 2 Peter 3:18. He also promise to offer all your material, emotional and financial needs.
You may not feel worthy of His love today – but that doesn’t change the fact that he loves you with and everlasting love… you may as well respond just like the song writer – “I don’t know why Jesus loves me – but oh I am so glad He did!”