Almost every Sunday morning before I open the doors of our congregation, I say to myself, “These doors will always be opened, even for a thousand generation, until our Lord returns.”
Every time we receive an offering, sign a check to pay our church bills, I say to myself – “God will always meet our needs as a church.”
Sometimes I audibly say these words in front of the entire church, “our church has been around for more than 15o years. God has been faithful and He is not about ready to abandon us. I am completely persuaded that He who began a good work in us, will be faithful till the end.
- Souls will be saved
- New believers will be baptized
- They will be discipled
- They will grow and develop into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ
- And they will go out and multiply
I am completely persuaded! I refuse to allow doubt, fear, uncertainty, and anxiety to intimidate me.”
You know what? I am not backing down from those convictions.
Doors are going to get closed in front of you. People are going to say not to you. You going to get knocked down and rejected. What are you going to do about it? You’ll need to keep on keeping on. Get your hustle on. Arm yourself with some grit. Wrap yourself with some resilience.
Here is a list of some people who’s done just that: Enjoy!
- “Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.” Isaiah 50:7
- “A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done.” — Ralph Nader
- “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go but ought to be.” — Rosalynn Carter
- “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” — Max Lucado
- “Consensus is the negation of leadership.” — Margaret Thatcher
- “Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat. Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win which is one of the essentials to success.” — Napoleon Hill
- “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: which is: Try to please everybody.” — Herbert B. Swope
- “If I have the belief that I can do it, I will surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “In this world, a man must either be an anvil or hammer.” — Henry W. Longfellow
- “Leadership does not always wear the harness of compromise.” — Woodrow Wilson
- “Let him who would be moved to convince others, be first moved to convince himself.” — Thomas Carlyle
- “My leadership began to take flight when I allowed myself to press people to change—whether they thanked me or cursed me.” – John Maxwell
- “Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.” — Samuel Johnson
- “With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice.” — Jim Rohn
- “We will either find a way or make one.” – Hannibal
- “From that time Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.” Matthew 16:21
The wise husband will tell his wife, when she is baffled with fear and anxiety, and complains late at night – honey, everything is going to be alright!
The wise Parent will look square in the eye of a son or a daughter – you are going to make it. You will get through this heartbreak, tragedy, or setback.
The wise small church pastor up in the country needs to remind himself and his congregation – will not die. We shall live to declare the goodness of our savior!
The small mom and pap’s business on that lonely corner – we are going to make it. We will find a way.
Quotes from: Here